Credentials Files Service
Florida State students and alumni may establish online credentials files
to assist in applying for:
- A position in public K-12 education.
- Admission to a graduate school for graduate or professional study.
- A professional position at a higher educational institution.
- A position in fields such as nursing, social work and library
science. (Other fields generally do not use credential files as part of
their selection procedure.)
A charge of $20.00 is required to initiate the file. Each set of credentials
mailed cost $4.00 per request, $5.00 for files with 21-30 pages. Charges
will be billed through Student Financial Services (http://fees.fsu.edu).
Credential files will be maintained for a period of ten years unless notified
otherwise. To establish a credentials file, log in to SeminoleLink and
complete the online Credentials Registration Request Form. A credentials
file may consist of the following:
- Letters of recommendation
- Research summary (optional)
- Course listing(s) (optional)
- Vita or resume
Three letters of recommendation are the norm for a formal application
for graduate school or a professional position. If applying for graduate
school, professors with whom you have studied or worked with would normally
write these letters. If applying for a position, the letters might come
from professors, former employers or supervisors in field-related work.
To establish a Credentials File with FSU Career Center's Recruiting Services:
- Log into SeminoleLink
with your blackboard FSUID and password. (If you do not have an FSUID
or cannot remember it or your password, please visit http://campus.fsu.edu)
- Select the "Credentials" tab at the top of your desktop.
- Read the instructions & submit your request to initiate the file
by checking the corresponding box and clicking on "I am interested"
- Within 2 business days, we will review your request and you will receive
an email with additional information and the next steps.
- Once approved, you'll be ready to:
- Complete your "Personal Data Form" under the Credentials tab
- Begin uploading your resume, vita or other documents under the "Documents" tab
- Begin requesting letters of recommendation
For further information, contact Recruiting Services at 850.644.3459.