The Career Portfolio is an online tool created by the Career Center that helps students show evidence of learning to instructors and present their skills to employers, graduate schools, and other organizations. The Career Portfolio will help you:
- examine and demonstrate your learning and career goals
- reflect on courses, work experiences, and extracurricular activities
- learn about skills employers value
- find ways to develop skills
- show you have these skills through examples of your work
- deliver all of this on the Internet only to the people you choose
Career Portfolio User's Guide
Learn the basics of how to build and share your Career Portfolio.
Career Portfolio Tutorials
View step-by-step instructions on how to build and share your Career Portfolio.
Career Portfolio Tips Sheet
See Do's and Don't's for building your Career Portfolio.
Sample Career Portfolios
COMING SOON! - View examples of other users' Career Portfolios.
Using Career Portfolio for an Academic Job Search
COMING SOON! - View instructions specifically for those in the Preparing Future Faculty program or others interested in careers in academia.
How Can the Career Center Help?
- Request a Career Portfolio Presentation for your student group or organization
- Have a Career Center staff member provide a demonstration of the Career Portfolio system and how students can get started.
- Career Portfolio critique by a Career Advisor
- Students can drop in to receive feedback on their Career Portfolio.