The Mock Interview Program is a service for Florida State University students and recent alumni to practice interview skills and receive feedback on their performance. The objective of the program is to provide a quality, professional mock interviewing experience. The program offers the mock interview mentor internship for both undergraduate and graduate students on campus.
What Does a Mock Interview Mentor Do?
Mock Interview Mentors (MIMs) facilitate in-person, phone, or Skype mock interviews for current FSU students and recent alumni.
A Mock Interview Mentor (MIM) will be responsible for:
- Executing 5-7 mock interviews per week for undergraduate students, graduate students and recent alumni utilizing multiple technology systems
- Tailoring specific mock interview questions based on submitted resumes and cover letters. Some industries and job functions may require research in order to provide a quality mock interview experience.
- Assisting employers/recruiters during guest employer mock interviews
- Participate in monthly professional development sessions co-sponsored by local and regional employers
Why Be a MIM?
Mock Interview Mentors (MIMs)have the opportunity for in-house professional development through supervision meetings with the Mock Interview Program Coordinator and interview training from Career Center staff, professional recruiters and hiring managers.
Former MIMs indicate confidence growth in both verbal and nonverbal communication including the ability to provide constructive feedback preparing MIMs for future leadership positions.
The ideal candidate Mock Interview Mentors (MIM) candidate will:
- Be in good academic standing with the university
- Participate in the Experiential Certificate Program OR in academic internship course
- Deliver superior customer service for each mock interview program participant
- Possess critical thinking skills.
- Understand occasional need for troubleshooting technological issues.
The Application Process
MIMs are recruited and selected at the end of the fall and spring semesters respectively for the following school term. Students must submit an application and resume through SeminoleLink powered by Handshake in order to be considered for the program.
Questions? Contact Christine Martin