The Career Center’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The FSU Career Center is dedicated to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where students of all identities are empowered to design their own version of career success. We are committed to serving students, alumni, community members, and employers of all backgrounds and seek to provide comprehensive career services that reflect multicultural awareness. We work to provide opportunities for students and alumni to explore their own intersectional identities, and to develop an understanding of the global and intercultural fluency needed for career success.
Inclusion, Compassion, and Respect are a critical part of our mission:
- We respect, recognize, appreciate, embrace, and advocate for all aspects of diversity
- We support all members of the FSU community and welcome you to engage with us
- We invite conversations about identity and diversity at all stages of your career development
Career Center staff are committed to diverse and inclusive practices through all services and interactions with stakeholders, and each other. We believe the greatest outcomes are driven by the collaboration of diverse teams, experiences and thought. As a staff, we acknowledge that building an inclusive office takes work and that work never stops. We commit to:
- Engage in open and honest dialogues about how to make ourselves and services inclusive and equitable.
- Strive to increase and enhance multicultural awareness and competencies in Career Center staff through continued education, professional development, and equitable opportunities.
- Work to understand our own intersectional identities and embrace the responsibility of upholding our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Acknowledge that building an inclusive office takes work and that the work is ongoing.
- Encourage programs, activities, and practices that support and celebrate diversity at FSU and in the community.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Campus Environment
The Florida State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer supporting a culturally diverse educational and work environment. The Career Center is committed to providing a supportive environment for those in need and for reporting misconduct. If you or anyone you know has a concern within the Florida State University community, please submit a report through report.fsu.edu.
FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at:
Messages from the Director
- March 18th Message from the Director, Myrna Hoover, and Team
- A Message from the Director, Myrna Hoover, and Team
- DACA: A Message from the FSU Career Center
Diversity and Inclusion Career Resources
Career Center Quick Guides
- Career Accessibility
- Dual Career Couples
- First-Generation Students
- LGBTQIA & Career
- Maximizing Diversity
- Military to Civilian
- Women & Career
Career Center Diversity Liaisons
|Career Center D&I Committee Chairs|
|First Generation Students||Kyra Duffey|
|International Students||Li Pon|
|Office of Accessibility Services||Emily Kennelly|
Student Government Agencies/Multicultural Sorority & Fraternity Life
|Veterans||Tracey Lord (Interim)|
The Career Center is dedicated to celebrating and supporting all facets of a student’s identity. We also recognize that one’s intersectionality can also affect interests, and sometimes concerns, related to career exploration. If you have an affiliation that was not listed, please consider emailing Director, Myrna Hoover to help us learn how to better support you and other students.
- FSU Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- DSA Strategic Plan and EDI Resources
- FSU University Strategic Plan: Goal III Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Center 2019-2024 Strategic Plan: Values Ethics
Ways to Support Equitable Opportunities at the Career Center
- Internship Fund
- The aim is to reduce financial barriers and support students in pursuit of a wide variety of experiential opportunities, providing access to opportunities in order to gain new skills and experience in the world of work.
- ProfessioNole Clothing Closet
- This program provides students with access to free professional attire appropriate for career fairs, interviews, and the workplace.
- ProfessioNole Mentors
- Connects FSU students with Alumni & Friends of FSU for career advice and guidance.
- Connects student to mentors from various affinity groups.
- Post an internship, part-time, or full time job to recruit diverse talent
- This program provides 100 on-campus paid experiential learning opportunities for currently enrolled full-time, undergraduate, degree-seeking FSU students.
- Consider signing up to be a host site to provide a paid experience to students.
- Diversity Chats