Explore full-time and internship opportunities with employers seeking students in the science, engineering, computer science, and technical fields.
September 17, 2019
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering
9 a.m. 3 p.m.
The list of participating employers.
Prepare for Career Fairs
Create a Strong Resume
- Have your resume critiqued at The Career Center.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume.
Prepare Your Elevator Speech
Your elevator speech is your quick, personal-selling statement. This 30-second pitch should help make a good first impression. Include your name, major, and classification, as well as your interest in the organization or the position. Be sure to ask a relevant question to the recruiter.
- Identify employers you want to talk to before the event.
- Research positions listed and develop questions for them.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors, such as navy blue, black, or gray.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed dress shoes.
- Skirts should be at least knee-length.
- Keep your hairstyle simple, jewelry minimal, and facial hair groomed.
For additional tips on mastering a career fair, see our Preparing for a Career Fair guide.
The Career Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs.
Need a professional headshot? Looking to boost your online presence? Stop by the LinkedIn photo booth at the career fair, and get a free professional photo taken. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, you are still welcome to get a headshot taken. Photos will be emailed to you in the weeks following the career fair. The booth will be open from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (850) 644-6431 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.