The Career Center is here to help all FSU students and has many online resources available to assist FSU Panama City and distance learners with career exploration and planning. We provide many career services to you from a distance, but we also welcome you to visit The Career Center if you are ever in the Tallahassee area!
Career Advising (Phone or Video)
The Career Center provides the option for FSU distance learners, Panama City students, and study/intern abroad students to participate in career advising appointments via phone or video. These services are provided by Career Center staff members who are committed to providing quality career planning assistance to all FSU students. For eligibility and instructions, click here.
Handshake is available to all FSU students – it’s an online connection to explore all things related to your career and job search! Upload your resume in Handshake to access and take advantage of the job search, career exploration, and networking tools.
CareerSpots provides access to quick video tips from employers and professionals about the job/internship search and career readiness
Document critiques via Email (resume, cover letter, or other career-related documents) are available by sending your document draft to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a phone or video critique, schedule a Distance Career Advising appointment for a virtual critique!
ProfessioNole Mentors – The ProfessioNole Mentors program offers students the chance to reach out to professionals throughout the community, country, and world and learn more about their field’s industry demands, career expectations, job outlook, and employment opportunities. Both alumni and friends of the University participate in ProfessioNole Mentors and make themselves available for student inquiries.
The Career Center’s Library Links Online Career Library and 35 Career Planning and Job Search Guides , which are designed to assist you in career planning, employment strategies, and the job search process. Locate websites dedicated to career issues, including occupational information, career and life planning resources, education and training, employment leads, employment directories, and job search skills.
- Participate in Skype or phone mock interviews from a distance.
- Become a member of the Garnet and Gold Scholar Society and shape your experience at Florida State.
- Prepare for the working world with the Career Portfolio, a free, online resource which helps you document your skills and accomplishments.
- Register to participate in the Virtual Career Fair for SEC & ACC Universities hosted in April. Learn more here.
- Find your Career Center liaison. Liaisons may be able to help you connect quickly to additional Career Center resources.
- Connect with The Career Center through our social media pages! Network with alumni and recruiters, and stay up-to-date with Career Center workshops and events through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Tip – Check out The Career Center’s YouTube channel to find short, 10-minute videos on Writing a Resume, Networking and Social Media, Interviewing Preparation, and Backpack to Briefcase.