Gain recognition for your job shadowing! The Job Shadow Recognition Program (JSRP) provides a space for you to reflect on what you've learned through your shadowing experience.
- Students must enroll in the Job Shadow Recognition Program after they have completed the scheduled job shadow opportunity.
- The shadowing experience must last for at least 4 hours.
- Students must enter into the job shadow with intentional learning goals (minimum of 3 learning objectives).
- Reflect on your experience through a structured, guided process and receive feedback on workplace learning, performance, and accomplishments.
- Receive a Certification of Completion for your experience.
- Gain an achievement to include on your resume and Career Portfolio.
Is JSRP open to all FSU majors?
Yes, FSU students from all majors are encouraged to enroll in JSRP.
Is JSRP open to graduate students?
Yes, FSU students at both the undergraduate and graduate level are eligible to enroll in the program.
Is there a cost to enroll in JSRP?
No, there are no fees or other costs associated/required to enroll in JSRP.
Apply for the Job Shadow Recognition Program (JSRP)
The program application must be submitted one week prior to the beginning of your experience through your NoleNetwork account.
To submit your application, you will need to supply the following information:
- Employer/Agency/Organization Name
- Your Title
- Position Description (Description of shadowing experience)
- Experience Start and End Dates
- Supervisor Contact Information - Including name, phone number, and email address
- Learning Goals - Should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely
Sample Learning Goals:
- "Learn what degrees are most common for employees at XYZ Company."
- "Gain an understanding about how working professionals put their organization's mission and values into practice."
- "Learn what is involved in editing and producing lifestyle magazines."
You will receive an email confirming enrollment, given you meet all of the criteria.
Steps to Complete the Job Shadow Recognition Program
When you successfully complete all steps of JSRP and your shadowing has been verified, a Certificate of Completion will be awarded. For questions or additional information, please contact The Career Center at FSUshadow@fsu.edu