Start your semester off right with a part-time job or internship! Meet with representatives from local employers and on-campus departments who want to hire you for their part-time employment and internship opportunities. Access the list of participating employers here.
Part-Time Job Fair
Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Click here to see a list of attending employers
Prepare for Career Fairs
Create a Strong Resume
- Have your resume reviewed at The Career Center (hours here).
- Bring multiple copies of your resume (there is not a place to print in the Union).
Prepare Your Elevator Speech
Your elevator speech is your quick, personal-selling statement. This 30-second pitch should help make a good first impression. Include your name, major, and classification, as well as your interest in the organization or the position. Be sure to ask a relevant question to the recruiter.
- Identify employers you want to talk to before the event - Click here to see a list of attending employers
- Research positions listed and develop questions for them.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors, such as navy blue, black, or gray.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed dress shoes.
- Skirts should be at least knee-length.
- Keep your hairstyle simple, jewelry minimal, and facial hair groomed.
For additional tips on mastering a career fair, see our Preparing for a Career Fair guide.
The Career Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (850) 644-6431 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.