Explore full-time and internship opportunities with employers seeking students in the science, engineering, computer science, and technical fields. Access the list of participating employers here.
To learn tips for virtual career fair preparation, etiquette, registration and more click here.
|STEM Career & Internship Fair
Tuesday, September 20,2022
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. EST
FAMU - FSU College of Engineering
Prepare for Career Fairs
Steps to Prepare for Virtual Fairs
- Follow these instructions for virtual fair for tips on registration, preparation, etiquette and more!
Create a Strong Resume
- Have your resume critiqued at The Career Center.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume.
Prepare Your Elevator Speech
Your elevator speech is your quick, personal-selling statement. This 30-second pitch should help make a good first impression. Include your name, major, and classification, as well as your interest in the organization or the position. Be sure to ask a relevant question to the recruiter.
- Identify employers you want to talk to before the event.
- Research positions listed and develop questions for them.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors, such as navy blue, black, or gray.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed dress shoes.
- Skirts should be at least knee-length.
- Keep your hairstyle simple, jewelry minimal, and facial hair groomed.
For additional tips on mastering a career fair, see our Preparing for a Career Fair guide.
The Career Center hosts a series of workshops each semester to prepare students for career fairs.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at (850) 644-6431 prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.