Real-world experience, or experiential learning, is a key part of determining your interests, values, and skills outside of the academic classroom. Through experiential learning, you can “try on” the various work environments within your projected career field. Also, experiential learning facilitates identifying and strengthening skills needed to succeed post-graduation.
Experiential Learning occurs through a variety of activities such as:
- Landing a Part-Time Job
- Landing an Internship
- Service Learning/Leadership
- Job Shadowing
- Gain Recognition for your Experience
Benefits of Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Network— Boost your professional contacts.
- Develop— Gain professionalism while building your resume and career portfolio.
- Clarify— Narrow your job search focus and refine your career goals.
- Learn— Acquire industry-specific language and discover new industry trends.