The ProfessioNole Clothing Closet provides a way for Florida State University students to access FREE professional attire appropriate for career fairs, interviews, and the workplace. Inventory includes suits, blazers, skirts, button-down shirts, and more. Our goal is to help students look their best throughout their job search so they can make a positive impression as they enter the professional world!
Located in the Career Center on the third floor of the Dunlap Success Center, the Clothing Closet is available by appointment to all FSU students.
"I feel like a million bucks!" - a student wearing his first suit ever!
Students are limited to four items per semester due to limited supply. Summer (May through mid-August), Fall (August through December), and Spring (January through April).
Appointments are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are scheduled in NoleNetwork for fall and spring semesters. Walk in's are only taken on select days. For Spring 2024, this is Wednesdays (12 p.m. - 3 p.m.).
Unfortunately, the Clothing Closet cannot guarantee availability of all sizes and types of items.
How to make an appointment?
- Login to your NoleNetwork account
- Click Appointments on the left-hand side
- Click "Request New Appointment"
- In the "Type" drop-down, select "ProfessioNole Clothing Closet"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Check Availability"
- Upcoming appointments will then appear on the right-hand side of the appointment request window.
- When filling out the appointment request details, including your clothing preferences to help staff selected clothes for you in advance.
- Once you click "Submit Request" you will receive an email from the system confirming your request was received.
- You will receive a follow-up confirmation email once your appointment is approved.
You must request the appointment at least two business days (48 hours) in advance. Appointment requests submitted on weekends will not be received until Mondays.
Review our Dressing to Impress: Appropriate Professional Attire guide for ideas on what to wear to interviews, conferences, and/or the workplace.
We are able to accept donations during regular business hours (M-F 8-5 except for holidays). If you have items you would like to donate, please contact Heather Lazar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.644.6493 to arrange drop off of your donation.
Items we accept:
All donation items must be cleaned appropriately. Items with any damage and items without sizes clearly labeled will not be accepted.
Note, items deemed not acceptable for the Closet will be donated to a local charity.
"Today is a day to give thanks, so I thought today would be a good day to give a contribution. "
- Anonymous donor
Our Styled For Success Donors
The ProfessioNole Clothing Closet was launched in September 2016 with the help of the FSU Professional Fraternity Council. And a special thanks to our corporate and personal donors through the years for their monetary and material support.
- Styled For Success Donor Wall
$2,000 - $4,999
$500 - $1,999
Myrna Hoover Macy's Inc. Dan Cone Mr. Alan R. Flaumenhaft & Mrs. Carol A. Flaumenhaft FSU Panhellenic Association Enterprise 2022 Tal Search Group - 2022 Rodney Vance Tal Search Group - 2023 Brian DePotter/FirstPointe Advisors, LLC
- Other Key Donations
- Kohl's for donating clothing racks, mirrors, and gift cards to aid in the launch of the ProfessioNole Clothing Closet in 2016.
- FSU Libraries for providing hangers, a mirror, and volunteer support in 2016.
- Enterprise Holdings in 2020-2021 for monetary support.
- The FSU Student Government Association for monetary support in 2020-2021
- Perry Ellis International for donation of clothing items in spring 2022
Other Ways to Support the Closet
Do you desire to support the Closet and FSU students, but no clothes to donate? We have several ways to show your support and help our students present a professional image…
The Career Center seeks monetary donations to help support the Closet. This money enables the Career Center to purchase items that are in greatest demand by FSU students. Please contact Heather Lazar, Senior Assistant Director, Employer Relations, at (850) 644-6493 or email@example.com to learn how you can give directly to the Closet.
Amazon Wish List
We already have selected a menu of professional clothes and other items to help augment the inventory of items available for students in the ProfessioNole Clothing Closet. On the Amazon Wish List you choose and buy the items and they will be shipped directly to the Career Center.
"As a FSU graduate...someone who mentors a ton of students, I have always felt good about donating interview clothing to your program. It gives me joy that FSU helps those on their journey after college and it all starts with first impressions at an interview."
- Donor and alumnus