Nervous about an upcoming interview? Then participate in one of our mock interview options! Depending on the type of mock interview, your interviewer will ask questions much like you could experience in a real interview for a part-time job, internship, full-time job, or other scenarios.
You don't have to be searching for a job or internship to engage with these resources; it is never too early to start working on this essential career development skill!
Interviewing Career Guides
You have a variety of tools at your disposal including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of interview success, landing a job and the art of negotiation.
The great thing about Big Interview is that it is entirely asynchronous interview training, meaning you can review interview preparation resources and participate in a practice interview any date, anytime.
Staff Mock Interviews
Mock interviews provide real-world interviewing experiences with trained Career Center staff.
Mock Interviews with Career Liaisons: Questions will be tailored to your major, goal job, and/or industry in these hour-long appointments. Reference your Career Liaison's name to select their mock interview appointments. Career Liaisons | The Career Center (fsu.edu)
Mock Interview with Career Advisors: Questions will be general and designed to help build basic interviewing skills and techniques in these thirty-minute appointments. Select Career Advisors for these mock interview appointments.
To schedule, log into NoleNetwork and select Appointments on the top menu.
Important Things to Remember:
- When filling out the appointment request details, be sure to attach your resume and cover letter as one 2-page document*.
- Mock interviews must be scheduled AT LEAST 48 hours in advance.
- We offer both in-person and virtual mock interviews - limited options available for both. NoleNetwork will state what type of appointment you are requesting.
*It is strongly recommended you schedule your mock interview early in the semester if required for a class assignment, slots fill quickly before career events and assignment deadlines and we CANNOT guarantee availability.
If no appointments are listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with an appropriate career advisor or staff member.