Design and navigate your experience at FSU with custom, stackable pathways. Display and demonstrate the skills you have to potential employers. ProfessioNole Pathways powered by Folio is your roadmap for acquiring new skills and competencies. With ProfessioNole Pathways, you can see both big-picture objectives and real-time progress as you earn badges to display your work and accomplishments. As you hit milestones along a ProfessioNole Pathway, the badges you earn are auto deposited into your Folio, immediately providing proof of your accomplishments, and demonstrating your ProfessioNole Competencies.
Faculty, Staff and Employers interested in building a Pathway or Badging option, email Kyle Roark at email@example.com.
ProfessioNole Pathways are built around nine ProfessioNole Competencies that are based on the Career Ready Competencies desired by employers, and established through research by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Identifies important problems and questions and gathers, analyzes, evaluates information from a variety of sources before forming a strategy, decision, or opinion.
- Research & Innovation: Accesses and evaluates multiple sources of information, and synthesizes information to solve problems and create new insights to influence or develop new ways of thinking or working.
- Communication: Conveys meaning and responds to needs of diverse audiences through writing and speaking coherently and effectively, and develops the expression of ideas through written, oral, and digital mediums.
- Teamwork & Cross-Cultural Collaboration: Works with and seeks involvement from people with diverse experiences and identities towards a common goal, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, respect, and dignity for others.
- Leadership: Takes initiative, demonstrates effective decision-making and informed risk taking, and motivates and encourages participation from others to work towards a shared purpose and vision.
- Professionalism & Ethical Responsibility: Demonstrates integrity, honesty, dependability and ethical responsibility and accepts direction and personal accountability.
- Career Management: Accesses information and opportunities for career exploration, understands and articulates transferable skills in the job search process, and engages in lifelong learning to network and self- advocate for future opportunities that lead to a fulfilled life.
- Digital Fluency: Demonstrates technological literacy and skills, and ethically and effectively uses technology to communicate, problem-solve, and complete tasks.
- Global Fluency & Social Responsibility: Demonstrates an understanding of systemic, complex global and social issues, and how issues and actions have local and global implications for the future; appropriately challenges unfair and unjust behavior to make a positive difference in the community.
Folio is a platform and network where you can display and highlight your achievements to potential employers, FSU peers, and other Folio users. Folio allows you to earn badges and display tangible examples of your work that provide proof of competence, skill development, and mastery in both academic and co-curricular work.
With Folio, you can organize and display previous educational and professional content. You can upload images, Videos (YouTube, Vimeo), PDFs, text documents and more. You can connect with people and companies you already know, as well as follow companies of interest.
In Folio, you can view content posted by other users to discover how they accomplished their work, like their content, or message them for advice.
HOW CAN I ACCESS FOLIO?
Signing into Folio is easy! Your login credentials are the same as those used for Canvas: FSUID and Password.
- Access Folio directly from Canvas, as it is in your navigation tools within your canvas courses.
- Visit the FSU Career Center homepage: career.fsu.edu
- Go directly to fsu.portfolium.com
START BUILDING YOUR FOLIO!
Building your Folio is easy and intuitive. Start by completing your profile and then add educational, experiential, and professional content. Start adding badges by engaging in Pathway and Badging opportunities. To learn more about how to build your Folio, click on the link below:
Faculty and Staff can utilize Folio several ways, including creating a Folio to showcase work, linking courses and assignments to Folio, adding Folio development as a class assignment, or by creating a badging opportunity or pathway.
HOW DO I CONNECT FOLIO TO A CANVAS ASSIGNMENT OR COURSE?
- Add Folio to your Canvas Navigation Menu
- Link a Canvas assignment to Folio
- Link an Entire Canvas Course
CREATE A PATHWAY OR BADGE OPTION WITH THE FSU CAREER CENTER:
Pathways are learning outlines you can create for students to guide them through defined curricular and co-curricular activities to demonstrate their ProfessioNole Competencies. Pathways are made of milestones and requirements, which are activities designed for students to provide evidence of competencies. Work is reviewed and evaluated based on a strategy defined by the coordinator.
All the work students submit for the pathway, and badges they receive upon completion, are added to their Folio. A student can decide what work they publish, and what they keep private.
Engage with students in a new way! Work with the FSU Career Center and FSU Faculty and Staff to develop Pathways and Badging options for students. Also search talent at FSU through TalentMatch
CREATE A PATHWAY OR BADGE OPTION WITH THE FSU CAREER CENTER:
Pathways are learning outlines created for students to guide them through defined curricular and co-curricular activities to demonstrate their ProfessioNole Competencies. All the work students submit for the pathway, and badges they receive upon completion, is added to their Folio.
What skills are you looking for in candidates? We can build a pathway and badge option with you! For discussion or consultation, or to begin the pathway design process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTLIZE TALENTMATCH (Launched Summer 2020)
TalentMatch has three main sections that employers can leverage to identify talent: TalentMatch Dashboard, Jobs, and Search. To learn more about how you can leverage TalentMatch, click the link below: