Real-world experience, or experiential learning, is a key part of determining your interests, values, and skills outside of the academic classroom. Through experiential learning, you can “try on” the various work environments within your projected career field. Also, experiential learning facilitates identifying and strengthening skills needed to succeed post-graduation.
Experiential Learning occurs through a variety of activities such as:
- Landing a Part-Time Job
- Landing a Federal Work-Study Job
- Landing an Internship
- Intern Housing Information
- Internship Funding/Scholarship Information - FSU offers 70+ scholarships including the "Experiential Learning Greatest Needs Fund" to support those student engaging in hands-on, real world, career building experiences that give students a chance to learn by engaging in internships, service learning, research, international study, and more.
- Service Learning/Leadership
- Job Shadowing
- Gain Recognition for your Experience
- Candid Career Videos
Benefits of Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Network— Boost your professional contacts.
- Develop— Gain professionalism while building your resume and career portfolio.
- Clarify— Narrow your job search focus and refine your career goals.
- Learn— Acquire industry-specific language and discover new industry trends.