The Career Center is committed to providing quality career services and resources to support Florida State University graduate students. Graduate students may have unique needs related to career planning while in graduate school, as well as questions about how to achieve post-graduate career goals both inside and outside the academy. Career Center staff are prepared to provide career guidance and support to graduate students as they pursue their career goals.
Career Center Services for Graduate Students
Explore Post-Graduate Career Options
Consider Academic and Non-Academic Career Paths
FSU graduate students often consider a wide range of employment options both inside and out of the academy. The resources below provide some tips and strategies to help students think about their post-graduate options. The Career Center encourages students to also reach out to faculty and professionals in their desired fields for additional specialized information related to their disciplines.
Select Related Career Center Guides
- Finding and Using Graduate School Resources
- Considering Employment in a Faculty Position
- Imagine PhD
- Searching for a Job
- Searching for a Job in Academia
- Starting Your Small Business
- Working Abroad
Click here to see the full list of Career Center Guides
Get Occupational Information Online
Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) and Preparing Future Professionals (PFP) Programs
Career Decision-Making Information
Tools for Effective Career Planning
Employment Application and Opportunity Resources
Application Materials Resources
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Writing a Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophies (Coming Soon!)
- Research Statements (Coming Soon!)
General Job Search Resources
- Career Center Library Links (See Section VI: Opportunities)
- Ph.D.’s at Work
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- The Sloan Career Cornerstone Center (STEM careers)
International Job Boards
- Going Global
- Eluta (Canada)
- Jobs in Research, Science, Academic & Related Professions in the UK
- Times Higher Education Supplement (World Academic and University Jobs)
Select Job Search Resources by Interest Area
The FSU Career Center Library created this list of links to help you quickly locate websites dedicated to career issues. The list is not intended to be exhaustive, and inclusion of these links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by the FSU Career Center.
** Password-Protected Sites: FSU students, staff, and alumni may contact a Career Center staff member at 850-644-6431 for guidelines on obtaining access.
Computer and Information Science
- American Association of Community Colleges Career Center
- Christian Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- ACPA: American College Personnel Association
- AERA: American Educational Research Association
- NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- H-Net Humanities and Social Sciences Jobs
- American Alliance of Museums
- Global Museum 2000
- National Association for Museum Exhibition
- American Historical Association
- Publishers Market Place
- American Philological Society –*Job Placement site, may need to create an account
Important FSU Resources and Services for Graduate Students
How do I Sign-up for a Graduate Career Advising Appointment?
- Log into your NoleNetwork account at https://www.career.fsu.edu/nolenetwork.
- Select Appointments (top bar on the right) ⇒ Request a New Appointment (Garnet Button) ⇒ Check Availability (Clear button at bottom for form) ⇒ View the dates and times available.
- Select a medium type (Virtual, Phone, In-Person)
- Complete the Appointment Request form to submit your request.
Please note that all appointments will be listed with a location, if you are seeking a virtual appointment you can note under the medium type.