The Career Center at Florida State University welcomes and embraces its LGBTQ+ students, alumni, and community members. The resources below are intended to assist you with making informed career decisions that honor your values and overall identity development.
Your engagement on-campus and in the workforce provides both yourself and your colleagues opportunities to develop intercultural competencies which appeal to numerous employers. As you browse through these compiled resources, reflect on how they may assist you in your efforts to market your diversity and inclusion strengths.
FSU Career Center Resources
The Maximizing Your Diversity module has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.The LGBTQ+ module has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.
Additional resources include:
- Module – LGBTQ+
- Guide – Researching Potential Employers: Finding Your Best Fit
- Seminole Success Night: A Celebration of Leadership and Diversity: Student leaders and members of FSU's underrepresented populations on campus are invited to meet with employers in this exclusive event, held the night before Seminole Futures in the spring.
FSU On-Campus Resources for LGBTQ+ Community Members
LGBTQ+ Job Search & Career Decision-Making Resources
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Law School Admissions Council: Diversity in Law School, LGBTQ Applicants
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE): LGBTQ Resources
- National Career Development Association (NCDA): Internet Sites for Career Planning
- (see “Special Populations” and “LGBTQ+”)