The Career Center at Florida State University welcomes and recognizes the value of your experiences. The resources below are intended to assist you with making informed career decisions that honor your values and overall identity development.
Your engagement on-campus and in the workforce provides both yourself and your colleagues opportunities to develop intercultural competencies which appeal to numerous employers. As you browse through these compiled resources, reflect on how they may assist you in your efforts to market your diversity and inclusion strengths.
The FSU Career Center would like to echo our university President John Thrasher's statement in support of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA. During this period of uncertainty, the FSU Career Center will continue to support our students, alumni and community members that are DACA beneficiaries by upholding our vision to provide them with comprehensive and inclusive career and employment services. To review our full support letter, please click here.
FSU Career Center Resources
The Maximizing Your Diversity Quick Guide has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.
Additional resources include:
- Career Guide - The Job Search for International Students
- Career Guide - Working Abroad: Employment Outside the United States
- Quick Guide - Working Abroad
FSU On-Campus Resources
- Center for Global Engagement - CPT, OPT & STEM OPT and more
- Center for Leadership & Social Change - Diversity Programs
- Nole Central - Explore registered student organizations on campus
Job Search & Career Decision Making Resources
- GoinGlobal (accessible through SecureApps in myFSU)
- H1 B - US Department of Labor
- National Immigration Center -- DACA Workplace Rights
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services -- DACA Resources
- My Visa Jobs
Post-Graduate Employment of FSU International Students
The employers below are not an exhaustive list of organizations hiring international students. This map was created with information provided by students working on their OPT/Work Authorization permit. It is meant to provide you with additional resources that can help you in your job & internship search. For job & internship search support, please connect with a Career Liaison or visit The Career Center. (Under Construction)
List Updated 2021