The Career Center at Florida State University wants to assist you throughout your college experience and as you transition to your next phase of life.
Below are resources designed to help you showcase your strengths and skills as a woman on your resume, in your cover letter and during interviews or through the graduate school application process.
FSU Career Center Resources
Your engagement on-campus and in the workforce provides both yourself and your colleagues opportunities to develop competencies which appeal to numerous employers. As you browse through these compiled resources, reflect on how they may assist you in your efforts to market your diversity and inclusion strengths.
The Maximizing Your Diversity Quick Guide has been prepared to allow you to explore how ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or other topics may relate to your career planning. Its purpose is to spotlight Career Center resources that might be especially useful in this exploration as it relates to your multiple identities.
Additional resources include:
- Quick Guide – Women & Career
- Quick Guide – Working With the Career Center
- ProfessioNole Clothing Closet
FSU On-Campus Resources for Women
- Black Female Development Circle, Inc. – A support system where women with similar experiences can come together to discuss current events and find comfort from other women who can relate to them.
- Empowering Women Globally – Aims to promote sustainable solutions that will ultimately result in women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- The Women’s Clinic – The Women’s Clinic ensures each patient feels comfortable and free to ask any question related to women’s health issues.
- The Women for FSU – Exists to engage women who have a passion for FSU by fostering friendship and community and to educate women on different ways of investing in our university.
- Women Student Union – The WSU is an identity-based group within Student Government whose overall mission is to unite women on the common purpose of individual self-growth.
- American Medical Women’s Association – Dedicated to promoting women’s health, improving the professional development and personal wellbeing of its members, and increasing the influence of women in all aspects of the medical profession.
- Society of Women Engineers – Empowers women to succeed and advance in those aspirations and be recognized for their life-changing contributions and achievements as engineers and leaders.
- Women in Accounting – Dedicated to providing members with the knowledge, leadership skills, and professionalism desired in the business world today.
- Women in Business – Aims to promote professional enrichment and education among FSU’s most ambitious students.
- Women in Pre-Law Society – Serve as a stepping stone for women on their way to the legal field.
Note that some resources only reflect a small sample of our student organizations. For a full list of student organizations visit https://nolecentral.dsa.fsu.edu/.
Women-Specific Job Search & Career Decision Making Resources
- Business and Professional Women’s Foundation – This organization serves as an advocate for working women on work-life balance and workplace equity issues. Local organizations provide scholarships and professional development, networking, and political activities.
- Department of Labor – Find It! By Audience – Women – This site provides many links to labor force statistics and other resources for women in the workforce.
- ImDiversity.com – This site provides career and self-development information to all minorities.
- National Association of Women Business Owners – This organization represents the interest of women business owners and entrepreneurs.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Women’s Bureau - This site provides many links to labor force statistics and other resources for women in the workforce.
- Women Employed Institute – This resource serves as an information exchange and action network for women.
- Women for Hire – This resource provides information on career fairs, online job boards, and career networking for women.
- Women in Higher Education – This site focuses on leadership and career strategies of women administrators.
- Women in the Workforce – About.com – This site contains various articles and links related to issues women face in the workplace.
- 9 to 5, National Association of Working Women – This national grassroots organization works towards economic equality.