ProfessioNole Ready teaches students about the professional skills valued by employers. Take action now to make your career goals a reality. Join ProfessioNole Ready to explore common career questions, get tips on professional documents, develop career ready skills, and earn badges to share your dedication to career development. PNR is accessible through Canvas so you can get career help anytime, anywhere! Complete modules and career activities to feel confident and prepared for your next career steps.
ProfessioNole Ready is the Career Center’s online badging series that helps students learn and develop the career-ready skills valued by employers and in other professional settings, such as graduate school. Students and alumni can sign-up to complete the ProfessioNole Ready canvas modules and assignments, and earn badges to share their level of career preparedness.
How will you learn? Access to ProfessioNole Ready is available online at any time of the day!
- Interactive learning activities
- Informative videos
- Reflective questions
- Develop action plans
- Module quizzes
- Engage with Career Center resources, services, and programs
ProfessioNole Ready is available to all students and alumni, and we offer badges custom to graduate students. Learn about the badge options and how to sign-up below. Learn more about our Grad ProfessioNole Ready modules for graduate students.
ProfessioNole Ready modules and activities are built around nine ProfessioNole Competencies that are based on the Career Ready Competencies desired by employers, and established through research by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Identifies important problems and questions and gathers, analyzes and evaluates information from a variety of sources before forming a strategy, decision, or opinion.
- Research & Innovation: Accesses and evaluates multiple sources of information, and synthesizes information to solve problems and create new insights to influence or develop new ways of thinking or working.
- Communication: Conveys meaning and responds to needs of diverse audiences through writing and speaking coherently and effectively, and develops the expression of ideas through written, oral, and digital mediums.
- Teamwork & Cross-Cultural Collaboration: Works with and seeks involvement from people with diverse experiences and identities towards a common goal, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, respect, and dignity for others.
- Leadership: Takes initiative, demonstrates effective decision-making and informed risk taking, and motivates and encourages participation from others to work towards shared purpose and vision.
- Professionalism & Ethical Responsibility: Demonstrates integrity, honesty, dependability and ethical responsibility and accepts accepts direction and personal accountability.
- Career Management: Accesses information and opportunities for career exploration, understands and articulates transferable skills in the job search process, and engages in lifelong learning to network and self-advocate for future opportunities that lead to a fulfilled life.
- Digital Fluency: Demonstrates technological literacy and skills, and ethically and effectively uses technology to communicate, problem-solve, and complete tasks.
- Global Fluency & Social Responsibility: Demonstrates an understanding of systemic, complex global and social issues, and how issues and actions have local and global implications for the future; appropriately challenges unfair and unjust behavior to make a positive difference in the community.
Take action now to make your career goals a reality. Join ProfessioNole Ready to explore common career questions, get tips on professional documents, and develop career ready skills. PNR is accessible through Canvas so you can get career help anytime, anywhere!
The ProfessioNole Ready modules cover a range of career-ready topics built to help each student #DesignYourCareer.
- Resumes and CV Ready
- Interview Ready
- Salary and Job Negotiations
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Professional Communication
- Career Ready
- Career Portfolio
- The Industry vs. Academic Job Search
Enroll to view more topics. The Career Center is always adding new content to keep students prepared for career success!
Use the registration links below to get started. ProfessioNole Ready is available to students and alumni each academic year (Summer to Spring). It is recommended that students earn their badges during this time frame!
- ProfessioNole Ready (01:2022-2023) is now open to all students and alumni for the academic year. Enrollment link: https://canvas.fsu.edu/enroll/YF4TRB
- Grad ProfessioNole Ready (01:2022-2023) is now open to current graduate students for the academic year. Enrollment link: https://canvas.fsu.edu/enroll/LRNNTF
After you complete the registration link, navigate to Canvas to access the series under 'All Courses' and add the course to your 'Dashboard'. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ProfessioNole Ready (02:2021-2022)
- Grad ProfessioNole Ready (02:2021-2022)
These sections are reserved exclusively for classes that partner with the Career Center to host ProfessioNole Ready Quinncia (AI Software). Students are automatically enrolled into this section and should not use the links above.
Badge Request: Due by Week 13 of Fall & Spring Semesters
Students who are unable to make the request by this date should continue to work in the program, but your badge will not be processed until the next semester.
Tips: remember to work ahead, the ProfessioNole Ready badges require multiple activities to be completed and submitted to the Career Center for review. If you have a class due date to earn a badge, start early, and submit your work one week before the due date!
Badge & Assignment Review Process Reminder:
- Assignments are reviewed Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm EST
- Assignments are processed in the order in which they are received
- Badges/assignments are graded within 48 hours of submission
The Career Center invites faculty, staff, and campus organizations to learn more about ProfessioNole Ready. The aim of ProfessioNole Ready, is to equip students with the career-ready skills they need to be strong candidates to potential employers. Within the program, students can earn digital badges of recognition by completing a designated number of modules and assignments for each badge level.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Fill out the course integration request link to start a consultation with a program coordinator.
How can I integrate a ProfessioNole Ready badge into my classroom or organization?
- Faculty across campus are integrating ProfessioNole Ready into the classroom as a course assignment, extra credit, or classroom presentation.
- Complete the request link at least six weeks in advance of the semester you plan on integrating a badge. After your request is received, a program coordinator will reach out to you.
Are there resources provided to me to support the ProfessioNole Ready course integration?
- Yes! The Career Center is available to assist from planning to launch and implementation. ProfessioNole Ready Faculty & Instructor Guide
Will I have to grade the career activities that my students submit to ProfessioNole Ready?
- No! The Career Center has a team of staff who review each career activity. Students receive personalized feedback from the Career Center and faculty/staff have no grading responsibilities.
ProfessioNole Ready in the News:
- FSU Career Center Online Program Earns National Recognition
- Roadmap to Success: FSU's ProfessioNole Ready Program Course Integration Promotes Career Readiness
- FSU Career Center Launches Online Series for Career-Ready Skills
Faculty & Staff Questions? Contact Dr. Kyle Roark, email@example.com