Enter Your Career Portfolio for a chance at Scholarships:
- 1st Place Graduate: $500
- 1st Place Undergraduate: $500
- 2nd Place: $300
- 3rd Place: $200
Rules for Contest Participants
Submissions for the 2019-2020 Career Portfolio contest will be accepted beginning in September 2019. The contest is open to all FSU students enrolled through April 2020. *Only one (1) entry per student. Past winners are not eligible for the contest.
2019-2020 CONTEST DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23RD AT 11:59 PM.
To be considered, all participants must complete the following steps:
- Your Career Portfolio must contain the following minimum requirements to be considered:
- Profile: create at least 2 sections (e.g., "Goals," "Objectives") that introduce your portfolio
- Resume/CV: upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae
- Skills: enter information under at least 4 skill headings and use at least 3 different experience categories.
- References: enter at least 2 references
- Artifacts: upload at least 3 examples of your work related to your career/educational goals
- Helpful Hints
- Customize your portfolio towards your career or educational goals. You may also rank items in the order you wish them to appear by dragging them to the top of the list.
- Use correct spelling and grammar!
- Preview your portfolio before submitting to make sure you have met the minimum requirements and that all your items are viewable.
- Get feedback on your Career Portfolio from a Career Advisor at the Career Center during Drop-In Advising Hours!
- Instructions for submitting your Career Portfolio:
- Under the Share section, create an Access Password/Key - "CONTEST"(use all capital letters).
- Using the "Send Access Key" feature, email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries are final when received. Once your Career Portfolio has been submitted, further changes may NOT be made. If any changes are found after the submission deadline, the participant will be disqualified.
Please use the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of the website pages for questions or to report problems. You may also
We reserve the right to disqualify portfolios based on content that is offensive or inappropriate. If you have questions about the appropriateness of any of your content, contact email@example.com .
Submitting this Portfolio to the Career Portfolio Contest authorizes your portfolio material to be viewed by contest judges and Career Center Staff. Winners also agree to allow submitted materials to be used by the Career Center for Career Portfolio promotional purposes. In addition, if you are selected as a scholarship recipient, you are required to attend the Seminole Futures Employer Lunch in January to accept your scholarship. If you are unable to attend, you are required to submit a thank-you letter to the Career Portfolio Contest sponsors.
*Employees of the Career Center (excluding student workers and interns) and past winners are not eligible.